Friday, July 28, 2017

News:: Review: The Emoji Movie

You know, for the longest time, I thought this movie was a joke. Something invented by film producers to have a laugh. A prank that writers bounced around, but never dared to seriously consider, lest their career be stamped with a black, inky mark. However, yesterday I rose from my desk, and stuffed my wallet and phone into my pocket. Dread sunk into my chest. I checked my watch, and decided if I didn't want to be late, I should leave in the next five minutes. I met the world outside, locked my door, and shuffled down the stairwell into the parking lot. Soon, I found myself at my local cinema. I bought a medium soda that was anything but medium, had my ticket torn, and pressed myself into a cold leather seat. As the Sony logo rose onto the screen, finally, I accepted that The Emoji Movie was not a joke.

We are the joke, and The Emoji Movie is an insult aimed at us, spitting in our eye and pissing in our coffee.

The Emoji Movie
Director: Tony Leondis
Release Date: July 28, 2017
Rated: PG

Review: The Emoji Movie screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2v4vMng