Monday, October 30, 2017

News:: Overcoming Fear... except not really

[LaScary (the artist formerly known as LaTerry) and I have something in common. I don’t mix well with horror games typically. For me, it’s not even the scary stuff that gets to me. I’m fine with that. It’s that dreaded resource management that kills me, and this genre loves to shoehorn that in to everything. I end up stressing out so much over it that I eventually spend more time outside smoking cigarettes than actually playing the damn game.

My dude here took up the call of arms for this month's Bloggers Wanted, and he found himself on the Front Page as a result! There’s still one more day left in the month, so head over to the Cblogs and get writing! - Kevin]

I don't do well with horror games. I can't handle them even if I love the ideas behind them. The only one that I've been able to finish was P.T. and that was only because my brother was also in the room with me. It was just a tech demo! 

Some time ago, Alien: Isolation went on sale on Steam and one of my friends convinced me to buy it. We were going to play it at the same time and voice chat while we did. I suspect he just wanted to hear me whimper like a small hurt child, and if that was the case he definitely got his wish. The game starts out fine enough. The opening scenes are free from danger and dread. There's just a bit of narrative build up to when everything goes wrong. 

Overcoming Fear... except not really screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2zjudEy