Tuesday, February 28, 2017

News:: I totally regret canceling my Nintendo Switch pre-order

The blistering cold wind kept me close to the building, my arms tight against my body. I had known it would be chilly but foolishly didn’t prepare for the wind even though I would be right on the water. With two hours to kill, I attempted to strike up a conversation with the fellow to my left, eyes glued to his 3DS, but he wasn’t having any of it. Instead, the gentleman to my right, who kept calling me ‘cuz’ and calling Link his ‘ni**er,’ chatted with me as we both waited for the doors to the Nintendo Switch event to open.

I had arrived an hour earlier and saw a massive line out the door. Instinctively, I stood at the end of it. Had I not spoken with the handsome gentleman behind me, my 90 minute trip to San Francisco would have been all for naught. I needed a bracelet, and when I finally found the person in charge of handing them out, I got one of the last 15 available for the final showing of the day. With a literal sigh of relief, I stood with my back against the Festival Pavilion building and listened to the muted sounds of Rhianna that managed to escape whenever somebody cracked open a door. 

I totally regret canceling my Nintendo Switch pre-order screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2mHF7cv