Tuesday, September 5, 2017

News:: What game would you like to see get the 'Mania' treatment next?

It seems like only yesterday that I was asking you, my dear children, which game you'd like to see get the "Rebirth" treatment next. In reality, it was almost ten years ago that I wrote that post. Even worse, shortly after I asked the question, Konami killed off the Rebirth lines of games entirely. Hopefully this post doesn't curse Sega's budding "Mania" concept in the same way.

Ah, who am I kidding? Regardless of what I say or do game publishers and developers are always going to find a way to go back to a storied franchise's roots. Mega Man 9 and 10, LoZ: A Link Between Worlds, River City Ransom: Underground, the upcoming Metroid: Samus Returns, and the previously mentioned Rebirth and Mania games are just a few examples of the trend in action.

At least a couple of those games came into being as a response to fan outcry, so we know the people in charge of the industry are listening. So let's tell them what we want! I'm going to spit out a couple ideas for how some of my favorite franchises could return to their pixel-art roots, and I hope you do too. 

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the already made Maniac Mansion Mania. It's called Thimblweed Park and it's very good

What game would you like to see get the 'Mania' treatment next? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2wCU5Zj