Tuesday, September 5, 2017

News:: Kentucky Route Zero on consoles is great simply because more people will play it

I have something of a complicated relationship with Kentucky Route Zero. It's single-handedly responsible for some of my personally most memorable moments in games over the past few years. The bar scene in act three made my whole body cold with awe. The end of act two was the closest I've ever been to wanting to make my own game.

But, these moments are few and far apart because Kentucky Route Zero is few and far apart. After the third installment, I resigned myself to just waiting until the whole thing was out. It'd probably be years, but that's fine. I'd rather wait it out and replay all of it together than struggle to remember what happened 24 months ago. Best I figure, I last thought about playing this game in May 2014.

It's disappointing only because Kentucky Route Zero is so incredible. I know it's incredible because I've reserved space in my brain where my official stance is "it's incredible," but I can't remember why it's incredible apart from those few outstanding scripted moments. I look forward to revisiting its narrative approach and being reminded why I fell in love in the first place.

Kentucky Route Zero on consoles is great simply because more people will play it screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2eIVKpZ