Tuesday, June 27, 2017

News:: Review: Hover: Revolt of Gamers

I tend to avoid direct comparisons when analyzing a video game, but the fact that Hover: Revolt of Gamers proudly exclaims its relationship with Jet Set Radio, it becomes inevitable. It plays on the nostalgia heartstrings pretty hard, even getting composer Hideki Naganuma to contribute a couple of tracks.  

Jet Set Radio is my favorite game of all time, so I jumped headfirst into Hover (I am never using that full title ever again) with a giant grin on my face, excited for what awaited me. After all, JSR is quite old and the controls don't hold up as well as I'd like, so there's lots of room for improvement. While the controls are definitely better here, I can't say the same for everything else.

Review: Hover: Revolt of Gamers screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2sOFlV7