Wednesday, June 21, 2017

News:: Destructoid agrees to be acquired by Enthusiast Gaming

Nope, it’s not an April Fool’s gag. Big news today, folks.

Destructoid has agreed to be acquired by Enthusiast Gaming which is headquartered in Toronto. Yes, Mr. Destructoid is an honorary Canadian now (eh!). This means Papa Niero is no longer the owner of Destructoid, as I’ve traded in all shares of my LLC and taken shares in their company. One independent company joining another. 

This isn’t my resignation, though. I’m not going anywhere.

My decision to join Enthusiast Gaming was not an easy one, but a necessary one as Facebook, Google, and Apple continue to squeeze small publishers into their walled gardens. The web publishing business no longer resembles what I was able to once hustle on my lonesome. Sailing that crazy ocean with my team has been incredibly challenging and rewarding for us, but we’re happy to come ashore to an all-gaming focused network that is ten times our size. If Destructoid was a cute curiosity before then we’re going to be fucking adorable soon. Oh, you think I’d go corporate? Fuck that. We’re an even bigger indie now.

Destructoid agrees to be acquired by Enthusiast Gaming screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2sr4Hsc