Sunday, April 8, 2018

News:: Looking back at Persona 5, one year later

Wednesday marked exactly a year since many Persona fans dug through their mailboxes with glee to find the newest instalment in their favourite JRPG series. We'd had quite a wait since the Japanese launch the previous September, and the dribs and drabs, that all but the most seasoned of spoiler avoiders had heard, intensified our thirst to go diving right in to the hum-drum of school life and the perilous dungeon crawling.

It's actually been quite a while since I played Persona 5, though. I finished the game pretty sharpish upon receiving it – by the end of May, I had reached the end and was ready to move on to something else. My copy has since been passed on to friends, and it sank into the background a little; in fact, I've played Persona 3 more recently than I've played Persona 5. That is not to say that Persona 5 was disappointing or boring, and that I couldn't wait to get rid of it – no, no. But I've had some time and distance to look at the game a little more objectively, and can see where it really shone, and where it fell down in some areas.

So, what's the deal with Persona 5, now that the initial sheen has worn off? In summary, Persona 5 is nowhere near my favourite addition to the franchise, but it's still an absolute gem. So crack open a can of Second Maid while we go through some of the biggest hits and misses in the game.


Looking back at Persona 5, one year later screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/looking-back-at-persona-5-one-year-later-497737.phtml