Friday, September 22, 2017

News:: Is Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite too focused on professional players?

Now that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is out, and those interested have played around for a little while, there's a question that's been bugging me ever since I first laid my eyes on it. I've openly gone back and forth over Infinite's visuals, and the strong gameplay and netcode made it harder, but I've been trying to figure out why that is. Why do the visuals suddenly matter so much to me given the how little they should matter in fighting games? 

I think it's because it feels like Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, the latest in a series known for its carnival atmosphere welcoming everyone to its broken ride, seems to be more focused on those who'd be willing to buy a ticket regardless since their careers could depend on it. 

Since this is such a huge topic, and because it's far too early to definitively come to a conclusion, I reached out to Reviews Director and Co-Editor-in-Chief Chris Carter (who wrote Infinite's review) for a second opinion. Hopefully this is the start of a conversation around eSports and its effect on the Versus series that'll be clearer as the months roll on. 

Is Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite too focused on professional players? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2yxVSxM