Monday, August 7, 2017

News:: How are your Pokemon Go raids going?

This past week, I've been lucky enough to get into multiple what I call "gravy trains" for Pokemon Go raids. For those of you who don't know, up to 20 people at a time can battle a powerful Pokemon for a chance to capture them by way of  "raid battles," which pop up randomly across the world. If you so choose you can join a public room with everyone caught in the shuffle, or create private rooms with multiple groups to avoid a giant traffic jam of 100 people waiting to play. "Tier 5" raids (legendaries) just came out recently so there's a lot more people out and about.

Led by a shotcaller of epic proportions (he's nearly level 40), everything has been incredibly smooth and cordial for my wife and I. We simply divide our groups by Valor, Mystic, or Instinct, and if there's 10 or more (which is about what you need to beat a legendary, minimum), we fight them on our own (for the team bonus), or combine groups if people need help. Players who already have their quarry have even opted to join in for smaller-sized teams and forgo the catch bonus just to help.

I'm lucky, is what I'm saying. There's multiple support nets like WhatsApp and Discord groups to rely on, and so far I've bagged an Articuno and Moltres without spending entire days searching for them. Given that Zapdos is my favorite Pokemon I'll be out pretty early for it tomorrow, too!

But how is your hunt going? Have you spent all of your waking hours after work searching to no avail? Is your local raid scene even more organized than mine? Or are you still part of that lonely rural group that basically can't play at all?

"I don't play Go" is a valid response too!

How are your Pokemon Go raids going? screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2vGqazb