Monday, August 7, 2017

News:: A Game Boy Color with a backlight? Where have you been all my life

One of my favorite collections is my series of Game Boys. Going from the first big boy OG I owned as a kid all the way up to the New 2DS, I love taking a new portable with my on any given trip and experiencing something different each time. Taking old school Game Boys with me also helps reduce the urge to just play something I'm comfortable with digitally or peruse the eShop. It's like a mini time warp.

But I really could have used mods like BennVenn's backlight Game Boy Color back in the day! Any retro enthusiast remembers the pain of playing in the pre-SP days, where you had to either catch the light just right or get a dreaded worm light accessory (or a bulky giant overlay screen light).

Although it costs a whopping $140+ in parts just to mod it's still impressive, and worth taking a trip down memory lane for in the below video.

A Game Boy Color with a backlight? Where have you been all my life screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2vcELBS