Thursday, July 6, 2017

News:: The Sonic Forces theme is called 'Fist Bump' and is sung by the Hoobastank guy

After thinking about it for a while, this is the worst lede I could come up with for this story: "I''m not a perfect person, there's many things I wish I didn't do. But I continue learning, I never meant to do those things to you." Hoobastank sings this to kick off 2003's mega-hit "The Reason," but the lyrics apply to Sega's efforts with Sonic in recent years too.

This parallel isn't as forced as it may seem because Hoobstank's lead singer provided the vocals for the theme track to Sonic Forces. Douglas Robb (that's Hoobastank guy's name) wrote and sang the lyrics for "Fist Bump" (that's the theme song's name).

The lyrics are below, as transcribed by a commenter on the YouTube video. I'll trust that they're more or less accurate. I gotta go think about high school for a while.

The Sonic Forces theme is called 'Fist Bump' and is sung by the Hoobastank guy screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2tNZaxd