Thursday, July 6, 2017

News:: City Shrouded in Shadow is about surviving Godzilla attacks and I need it now

Growing up my dad and I watched a ton of Godzilla movies. Before Godzilla's huge fights with his foes gave into the tokusatsu (basically the person in a rubber suit genre) genre trope of fighting in open fields and quarries, I had always wondered what it'd be like for someone living in the city Godzilla runs rampant in. 

According to City Shrouded in Shadow, it's a miserable experience. The Japanese debut trailer for the title follows a man and woman as they try and survive attacks from fighting Ultramen, Godzilla, King Ghidorah, friggin' Eva 01, Gamera, and I think even a character from Patlabor

Either way, this looks like a terrible place to live but a super cool idea for a game. I haven't played developer Granzella's previous work, Disaster Report, so I don't know if this cool idea is in good hands. It looks neat, so hopefully it gets a Western release some time down the line. 

City Shrouded in Shadow releases in Japan on October 19 for PlayStation 4. 

City Shrouded in Shadow is about surviving Godzilla attacks and I need it now screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2uPCF87