Monday, April 10, 2017

News:: Voice acting doesn't necessarily improve 999

I have been in love with the Zero Escape series since former Destructoid editor Tony Ponce reviewed the first game in the series, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, seven years ago. He gave it a well deserved 10/10 and after reading that review, I went out and bought it the next day. Oh, how I wish I could have got my hands on that pre-order bonus.

Anyway, that game was released on the Nintendo DS and ported in an augmented form to iOS. Until last month, it wasn’t available on the PlayStation Vita even though that machine saw both of its sequels. Last month, Spike Chunsoft sought to rectify this with the release of Zero Escape: The Nonary Games. Hitting the Vita, PC, and PlayStation 4, The Nonary Games collects the first two entries in the series, so if you missed out on 999, now is your chance to see where this all started. I spent the weekend playing the game, reliving the adventure that captivated me all those years ago. 999 on the Vita features new artwork, a much-appreciated ability to jump back to any forks in the branching storyline, and voice acting in English and Japanese.

Voice acting doesn't necessarily improve 999 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ojSlyg