Wednesday, December 7, 2016

News:: Today's Doom update adds bots to multiplayer

The fifth free update for Doom rolls out today, and with it comes a new grab-the-ball-and-score multiplayer mode, Infernal Run, as well as a higher level cap, bots (!!!), and a better SnapMap.

As much as I don't have any interest in returning to this multiplayer component, I have to commend id Software for bringing out the bots ("on original multiplayer maps in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes"). It feels like so few games have the feature anymore, and as an eternal TimeSplitters player, I always love a good bot battle in my shooters. Maybe, just maybe, I'll check in on that.

As for the SnapMap upgrades, I'm not informed enough to speak about what specifically they'll mean for user-made levels, but bullet points like "Improved Object Limits" and "Persistent Integer variables that can be passed between missions within a campaign" have got to be encouraging for map makers.

Today's Doom update adds bots to multiplayer screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2h783Jv