Monday, October 13, 2014

News::Meridian: New World - PC Review | Chalgyr's Game Room

Chalgyr's Game Room writes: I mentioned this when I first previewed Meridian: New World; I love real-time strategy games. As PC gaming grew, the real-time strategy and roleplaying genres were the genres to play. If you were not a part of the Command & Conquer, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Advanced D&D (Champions of Krynn!), or Elder Scrolls games then you were pretty much a square and did not deserve to play video games. I grew quite attached to the Warcraft and StarCraft brands as time wore on and primarily stuck to Blizzard's core RTS games. I did branch out a bit with Dark Reign, Earth 2140, then fast forward ten-plus years and got into Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, largely though I stuck to the Warcraft franchise though, admittedly, I picked up StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty on day one. Outside of a handful of titles, there are not many "true" real-time strategy games available.



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1CdVqOV