Saturday, April 7, 2018

News:: Super Meat Boy Forever might make me a believer of auto-runners

Super Meat Boy meant a lot of things to a lot of people. While talking with Tommy Refenes of Team Meat at PAX East in Boston, a random fan came up and explained how Super Meat Boy basically changed his life. It was a great moment that showed how the power of a really good game can mean the world to just about anyone.

Not so many people are aware that the duo that created the original best-selling title are no longer working together. While that split has already been publicly documented, knowing the newest installment in Meat Boy’s journey is only being made by half of the talent behind the original could have spelled disaster. Things weren't looking up when the game was revealed to be an auto-runner style game.

Talking it over with our own Jonathan Holmes, I expressed my trepidation. I wasn’t sure what I felt, because I’m just not big on games that, essentially, play themselves. Holmes then said to me, “Tommy is the kind of guy that prioritizes control and would agonize over it being right, so I’m sure the game plays well.” I don’t know why I doubted him, because Super Meat Boy Forever is as tight as the original.

Super Meat Boy Forever might make me a believer of auto-runners screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/super-meat-boy-forever-might-make-me-a-believer-of-auto-runners-497669.phtml