Sunday, October 1, 2017

News:: What has been your favorite video game collector's edition?

This week’s question is brought to us by our own Chris Moyse. He brought it up after reporting on those awful vagina eggs Infinity Stones included with the collector's edition of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and for the past several days I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of any special edition games or consoles I’ve actually purchased in my decades of gaming. I managed to pick up the complete copy of Fire Emblem Fates, nabbed the $100 Breath of the Wild special edition earlier this year and currently do all my portable gaming on a Majora’s Mask New Nintendo 3DS. Had I been able to get my hands on that $120 version of Breath with the sweet Master Sword statue, I’d be gushing about that right now.

I simply don’t buy many games that end up having amazing special editions I must have. Actually, that’s not true. There have been several special editions that did get me excited, only to have that anticipation crushed when I find I won't be able to buy it. The scarf that came with Hyrule Warriors, the kickass Bayonetta 2 Book of Angels edition or the very recent legacy edition of Metroid: Samus Returns have all wet the appetite only to either skip release in the US altogether or only find availability at the Nintendo store in New York.

So my answer to this week’s question by default is that Fire Emblem Fates pack I managed to pick up by logging onto Best Buy's website seconds after I found out it was announced. 

Well, not by default actually as I really like the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition. The pouch is pretty useless in that it’s pretty but useless, however, the included art book is a nice little treasure of its own. But what really made it worth it was getting all three stories of Fates on a single game card. There was no need to worry about downloading anything extra, it was all there and available from the start on that one card. So perhaps my favorite thing about this SE is its convenience.

What has been your favorite video game collector's edition? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hFA13B