Sunday, October 1, 2017

News:: My emotional EGX-perience with Detroit: Become Human

"Hello, Welcome to Detroit..."

It was such a warm and friendly voice, but it was coming from a young woman with a hollow, vacant face, stood in a pose like she was at one with the universe, yet ready to pounce into action at a second's notice. This was the "android" managing the queue for the booth set up to showcase David Cage's latest, Detroit: Become Human.

As she welcomed each attendee to the queue, I watched as they responded to her, but were immediately perturbed by her thousand-yard stare and empty stance as she slowly scanned the surroundings. She blocked off the queue when it became full, turning away further attendees with a polite message, but mostly unresponsive to their further questions.

Without a doubt, Android Girl was my favourite part of the EGX weekend, I never saw her out-of-character, she was unshakeable in the face of people staring at her, and she rolled out that act, all day, for four straight days (including, I later found out, her birthday.)

My emotional EGX-perience with Detroit: Become Human screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2yRldmr