Saturday, September 30, 2017

News:: Watch a speedrunner beat Dishonored: Death of the Outsider in the blink of an eye

My first Dishonored: Death of the Outsider playthrough took around eight hours. I poked my head in places off the beaten path and scoured levels for extra bonecharms. Even still, I thought I was moving through the game at a quick pace. That is until I watched Bjurnie's speedrun. The Dutch streamer can finish the game in under ten minutes. Considering the expansion released two weeks ago, that's some serious optimization in a short amount of time.

Speedrunners are no strangers to in-game glitches and exploits. Bjurnie uses a technique the Dishonored speedrun community refers to as a "leap glitch." Basically, by canceling Billie Lurk's climbing animation and using a free scrolling mouse wheel to rebind the jump key, speedrunners can zoom across huge portions of the map in the blink of an eye.

Watch a speedrunner beat Dishonored: Death of the Outsider in the blink of an eye screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2kbNMHW