Wednesday, September 20, 2017

News:: I changed my mind about Final Fantasy XIII

[Have you ever given a game a second chance, only to completely change your mind on your initial assessment of it? Charlotte Cutts recently gave the extremely divisive Final Fantasy XIII a second spin, and much to her surprise, found a game to be lauded for its many high marks. I did the same thing, myself, and while I came up with completely different results than Charlotte, it's still interesting to see other takes on the same game. Wanna see your work on Destructoid's Front Page? Flex them fingers and get to writin' a blog of your own! - Wes]

Final Fantasy XIII was the first Final Fantasy game I ever tried out, and it was very nearly my last. A few months after I got back into gaming in 2015, I picked up a second-hand copy for a single-digit number of pounds at the Sheffield branch of CeX, thinking it would be an excellent entry to the series - and within three hours, I was convinced I'd made a mistake. I spent what seemed an implausible amount of time pushing through on-rails segments, barely understanding the controls, and having even less of a firm grasp on the clear-as-mud plot. I stuck it back on my bookshelf before I even got past the first chapter and it stayed there for two years.

I changed my mind about Final Fantasy XIII screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2jJcnU8