Wednesday, September 20, 2017

News:: Fall back into Pokemon Go with the new Equinox event

Pokemon Go is still trucking along, despite most people having given up on the plucky mobile game. I can't say that I care about it now as much as when I first started a few months ago, but I do try my best to find a Pokestop each day and walk around my neighborhood when not working out. If you're still holding on to Niantic's flash-in-a-pan app, then you'll be happy to know that the change of seasons is bringing about a new event.

Dubbed the "Equinox" event, from September 22 to October 2, players will earn double stardust for catching any Pokemon or hatching eggs. Gyms will also give out special 2 KM eggs that have a greater chance of hatching into rarer monsters like Chansey, Larvitar and Mareep. In addition to all of that, there will also be a "Super Incubator" that will hatch eggs at 1.5 times the normal rate.

To cap it off, registering any new Pokemon during this event will also net you three times the normal experience, which should hopefully give new players a huge boost towards their progress in the game. Couple that with a lucky egg and you should fly through the leveling system in no time.

Whether or not any of this is enough to keep players enticed is anyone's guess, but I'm still somehow playing Pokemon Go. Maybe that is due to my late start (a year after the craze faded), but I kind of enjoy catching random things while going about my daily business. If only the game used its geolocational data better, because I'd love to see Machop's or Hitmonlee's at a gym.

Celebrate the Equinox! [Pokemon Go]

Fall back into Pokemon Go with the new Equinox event screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hjG0qK