Friday, August 11, 2017

News:: VS Fighting UK tournament hits Birmingham this weekend

This weekend sees VS Fighting, one of Britain's biggest fighting game tournaments, gather together players from the UK and Europe to wage war on a selection of titles old and new.

Street Fighter V, Injustice 2, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Xrd, Killer Instinct, BlazBlue, Smash Bros. and even Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo will all be in attendance, as some of the finest players from around the country and elsewhere turn up and throw down to be crowned the VS Fighting 2017 champion in their chosen field of battle.

The event, being held at Millenium Point, Birmingham, is recognised as part of the Capcom Pro-Tour, the Tekken World Tour and Injustice 2 Pro-Series. There are also plans to host builds of upcoming fighters Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, and ArcSys' Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

I entered this tournament last year, where I was absolutely creamed by former EVO champion Luffy. I hope to be in attendance this year as a spectator/casual player only, as well as hoping to catch a glimpse of the new games. I'm pretty sure my competitive fightin' days are behind me.

Tournament signups have been closed for some time now, but casual players and spectators can still register to attend at the official VS Fighting website.

[Full disclosure: Whilst I am often around the UK FGC as a player. I have zero stake in this event, nor am I in any way involved with its planning, promotion or production team.]

VS Fighting UK tournament hits Birmingham this weekend screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2wAyTRK