Thursday, August 10, 2017

News:: Review: Slime Rancher

I might be the wrong person to write this review simply because I can’t get over cuteness and charm, which was pretty much all I was expecting to enjoy about Slime Rancher. Farming sims have always held little interest for me mainly because of the eventual tedium that sets in, but the personality and charm I had seen in previews practically forced my hand. What the hell is it about anthropomorphic slimes that is so cute? I know it’s what drove me to play the original Dragon Quest, so even if that was the only thing Slime Rancher did right I probably would have at least gotten a kick out of it.

Luckily, that isn’t the case as this is without a doubt the most engaging work simulator I have ever played, despite falling short of the more immersive “slice of life” expectations set by other games in the genre such as Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, and Stardew Valley.

Review: Slime Rancher screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2fv6Fnq