Thursday, August 10, 2017

News:: Hackers uncover long lost Super Mario Bros. 2 enemy

I want to preface by saying I don't hate any of you. It might feel that way when you watch the poorly made video I took of a brand new enemy in Super Mario Bros. 2 that was discovered by a couple of clever ROM hackers I found on Twitter, but I really don't. I'm just kind of lazy and shitty at most things that aren't violently pecking away at a keyboard. And even that is kind of sloppy sometimes. Sorry in advance.

Super Mario Bros. 2, as it has been bludgeoned into everyone's skull a million times by so many retro gamer YouTube guys, was originally known as Doki Doki Panic for the Famic- oh for fuck sakes, I'm not going over all this again. Anyways, before being shoehorned and modified and shoved in the Mario universe for American gamers because the original Mario 2 was too damn hard, Doki Doki Panic was on the Famicom Disk System, and going through the manual, it is revealed that there was an enemy that was cut from it and the final release of Super Mario Bros. 2.

Hackers uncover long lost Super Mario Bros. 2 enemy screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2utFCLI