Tuesday, August 1, 2017

News:: Review: Aztez

Aztez immediately caught my eye for a number of reasons. The most striking of which was its distinct look. Taking cues from Mexican culture, I was wary and excited at the same time. There aren't a lot of games influenced by my culture, so I'm usually pumped to play whatever comes my way. But on the other hand, I feel I have to keep these projects at arm's length just in case. 

Luckily, Team Colorblind honed in on the innate brutality of Mesoamerica and fine tuned it to such a fun degree. Aztez melds together so many of my favorite things: ancient Mexican culture, blood, stabbing things in the face, blood, sacrificing my enemies to Aztec gods, and blood.

It was pretty damn hard to not just write "Aztez is dope" over and over. 

Review: Aztez screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2uWiMxq