Saturday, August 5, 2017

News:: Dragon Quest X logs off the Wii, and onto the Switch, this November

I got into the Dragon Quest series far later than I should have. If was the Wii/DS era and the first game that did it for me was Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. It's a game I still consider one of the 10 best I've played. After that sunk its hooks into me, I had to try out every Dragon Quest game imaginable. And I did. Through the DS, Wii and 3DS generations, I purchased every game that bore its name.

Unfortunately, there are DQ games I may never be able to play, either because Square Enix didn't bother to localize them, they're trapped on a region-locked console, or because the text is so important to the experience there is no way I could enjoy myself without being able to understand what is happening.

Dragon Quest X, the MMO entry in the series, is one of those games. In the past, it's been trapped on region-locked consoles, as well as Windows, but on November 16 it comes to the very much region-unlocked Nintendo Switch with version 4.0.

Dragon Quest X logs off the Wii, and onto the Switch, this November screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ucDx6A