Sunday, July 16, 2017

News:: Watch out, Splatoon 2 may punish excessive disconnecting

Now that I own a Nintendo Switch (I literally JUST cracked my screen protector putting it into the dock), I'm as excited as the next guy to try out Splatoon 2. That said, new developments have me a little bit worried, given my comparatively slow, crappy internet service. 

Various reports have surfaced noting that the game will, upon detection of repeated disconnecting, pop up warnings telling players who might be ragequitting to knock it off. This all well and good in theory, but it could put players with unreliable connections at risk of an undeserved temporary ban from play. Hopefully, Nintendo's systems will be able to effectively discern bad sportsmanship (sports-squid-ship?) from mere internet troubles by the time the game goes live.

@hypwnotic [Twitter]

 

Watch out, Splatoon 2 may punish excessive disconnecting screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2t4EVrJ