Saturday, July 8, 2017

News:: Next Up Hero is fun, but might be hamstrung by its online requirement

After the announcement this morning, I was interested by the ideas that Next Up Hero was tackling. Death really has become kind of pointless in modern gaming, so why not turn that into a game mechanic? That it was aiming at being a beat-'em-up is also gold for me, since I love the genre and its pick-up-and-play styling. Oddly, that isn’t the full story with Next Up Hero.

The game has an ambitious goal of incorporating online instances into level design that sees a community of people all working together to thwart enemies and bosses. Before I even got further into my playtime, I had to know if Next Up Hero was online-only. That is the biggest obstacle that will prevent a lot of people from becoming fans, and sadly, the game does require it.

Next Up Hero is fun, but might be hamstrung by its online requirement screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2tXYsgs