Thursday, July 27, 2017

News:: China? AAA Games? Journey to the West-inspired Monkey King makes me hopeful

Off the top of my head (i.e. without Googling it), I can't think of any major China-made video games despite being the largest video game market on Earth. I keep thinking it's only a matter of time before giants like Tencent, NetEase, and Changyou come out with regular AAA games, but then again why make those sorts of games when they're making bank on mobile and browser games.

Well, looks like we might get at least one, as Oasis Games is teaming up with October Media and Sony Interactive Entertainment to develop a game based on the hit 2015 animated film Monkey King: Hero is Back. The film, like the Jackie Chan movie I always get it mixed up with, Forbidden Kingdom, is based on the 16th century Ming Dynasty classic Journey to the West.

China? AAA Games? Journey to the West-inspired Monkey King makes me hopeful screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2eSj9F7