Wednesday, June 28, 2017

News:: Anime and 8-bit inspired The Count Lucanor is coming to Switch

I think this is starting to become a trend. A lot of really cool looking indie games kind of come and go, but as soon as they're announced for the Switch, everyone turns their gaze.

That happened for me this week when it comes to The Count Lucanor, an 8-bit inspired game with an incredible art style. "The Legend of Zelda, Yume Nikki, Silent Hill, and Dark Souls" are cited as influences, but for me the character designs (in the cutscenes especially) remind me of the anime Utena.

It's currently on Steam and the reception seems to be overwhelmingly positive, so I hope the port is up to snuff. In the meantime you can check out an older trailer below for the PC edition.

Ratalaika Games [Twitter]

Anime and 8-bit inspired The Count Lucanor is coming to Switch screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2tpcPuL