Wednesday, May 31, 2017

News:: A 3D printer gave my Nintendo Switch a real D-pad

Nintendo has a long history of building innovative game controllers -- the company put shoulder buttons on the SNES gamepad, added force feedback to the N64's bizarre controller and made a fad out of motion controls with the Wii. Its most enduring innovation, however, has always been the humble D-Pad: a simple plastic cross that lets players input eight different direction inputs with precision and ease. Strangely, however, this iconic control pad was left out of the Nintendo Switch's default controller design, and I miss it every time I play the system. So, I did what any reasonable tech blogger would do: I used a 3D printer to make my own Nintendo Switch D-pad.



via Engadget RSS Feedhttp://ift.tt/2rEKXC7