Sunday, March 12, 2017

News:: Walk softly and carry a big sword in Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus

Over the PAX East 2017 weekend, I sat down to play through a slice of Final Fantasy XV’s upcoming Episode Gladiolus DLC. Though I can’t talk about story-specific details – both at the request of Square Enix and because I already forgot what the hell happened in that game – I’m free to talk about how Dave Navarro Gladio handles himself in combat.

After thirty minutes of beating up monsters as Gladio, I don’t ever want to control Noctis again. Though I loved Final Fantasy XV, I always felt like the action-based combat system could stand to do a bit less. Noctis, with all of his Warp Strikes and weapon swapping, often made even the most basic encounters seem like over-the-top engagements. As Gladiolus, however, I found myself smacking enemies and blocking attacks with a big, dumb grin on my face.

Walk softly and carry a big sword in Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2myOhtm