Sunday, March 12, 2017

News:: Quake Champions ain't your granddad's Quake

I’m a big fan of old-school shooters. I cut my teeth on them in my youth and I still get a kick out of how ultra fast paced and skill based those older games were. I can return to classics like Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena without batting an eye. The design of both of those games is practically ingrained in my brain; I don’t think I could forget their maps regardless of how far removed I become from them.

So with much anticipation, I was ecstatic to try out Quake Champions at PAX this morning. id Software did an excellent job on rebooting Doom last year, so the studio clearly still knew how to craft a compelling shooter. Sadly, while Quake Champions is definitely competent, it doesn’t really feel like the games of my youth.

Quake Champions ain't your granddad's Quake screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2njEXtd