Friday, March 10, 2017

News:: Sundered was definitely a game I played at PAX East

Before my time with Sundered, I knew little to nothing about the company, Thunder Lotus Games, or its newest title. It had previously released Jotun on Steam and this new game is looking to tackle the well-worn metroidvania style of action games. Mix in a little bit of randomization and some skill trees reminiscent of Rogue Legacy, and Sundered starts to sound a bit more interesting.

My short session started with William Dube, the creative director at Thunder Lotus, explaining some of the details for Sundered. As he put it, the game is a "horrifying fight for survival" with a strong emphasis on replayability. Most of the map is procedurally generated, save for a few key rooms, and your skill tree can only be upgraded upon death.

Sundered was definitely a game I played at PAX East screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2mQVMyi