Friday, March 10, 2017

News:: Sonic Mania is still great, Tails continues to suck

Little Sibling Syndrome took over big time as I visited Sega's San Francisco office last week. I was there to see Sonic Mania, an upcoming throwback to the hedgehog's glory days. In an attempt to lead the demo, a Sega representative played as Sonic and I played as Tails. God, that was the worst.

We were moving through Green Hill Zone: Act 2, a level of Sonic Mania that had not been shown off yet. Helping was almost futile. Sonic would jump on enemies, collect rings, and buzz through secret passages. Tails would get lost, fly in at the last minute, try to grab a ring or something, and then be left in the dust again. Playing as Tails is terrible. No one should have to play as Tails.

As for how Sonic Mania's shaping up, this demo did a lot to make me think that Jordan and I were spot-on in our assessment late last summer (for those who are wondering, I did eventually get to play as Sonic):

Sonic Mania is still great, Tails continues to suck screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2mb1KGD