Thursday, February 2, 2017

News:: In-game photography makes me feel like a competent cameraman

I’m a terrible photographer. Everyone who knows me has come to accept this fact over the years. My hands are too restless. I can't frame my would-be subjects without getting flustered. Even a simple selfie – my favorite ironic or drunken photographic technique – winds up looking grainier than a Whole Foods. My inability to compose a meaningful picture would be comedic if it weren't so damn embarrassing. It's 2017, after all, and people carry powerful cameras in their pockets. I just can't seem to make anything look cool.

But I still appreciate good photography as much as I dream of snapping quality shots of my own. It's going to take a long time until I'm confident in my photographic skills, but I've found avenues of practice even in the digital world. There's been an influx of games that include fully working cameras, many of which have surprisingly robust photo modes. For an amateur shutterbug, the games that encourage players to get behind (or in front) of the lens have been a blessing.

In-game photography makes me feel like a competent cameraman screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2kuP8wc