Tuesday, February 14, 2017

News:: I created a black character in Trio of Towns. What happened next will shock you

I am several hours in the deliberately slow and joyful beginning of Story of Season: Trio of Towns, and while I’m having a pleasant time with the game, there is one oddity that continues to stick out like a sore thumb. As with previous games in the series, you’re able to create your own farmer using the limited character creator. I made myself a black female character as I’m wont to do. She has cocoa skin, black hair, brown eyes; a beautiful black woman the game doesn’t seem to recognize as such. It’s nothing big, but the graphic depictions of my character on the lower screen map and in all the menus have her as a blonde haired, blue-eyed white girl, which probably would explain why her entire family at the beginning of the game was nothing but a bunch of crackers. I guess she’s adopted.

I get these games don’t exactly have the biggest budgets and in the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t matter, but it struck me as odd nonetheless. It also provided me a great excuse to use that click-baity headline.

I created a black character in Trio of Towns. What happened next will shock you screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2kGPz3A