Monday, February 13, 2017

News:: Five video games or whatever to play on Valentine's Day that might help you stop being so bitter about Valentine's Day for like five minutes

Here is my solemn promise to you: I will not write an article about how much it sucks to be single on Valentine's Day. I am, so I know firsthand that it does. I also know that nobody likes to be reminded of how lonely they are, but (anecdotally) the Internet has really cranked up the V-Day hate over the past couple years. Is 2017 not bleak enough? Can we not just let people do silly romantic things, even if this holiday has been co-opted by greeting card companies? Greeting card writers gotta eat too, you know?

Anyway, Niero (the man who owns this website and keeps messing with the way the front page looks) asked the Destructoid staff for some kind of "singles awareness day editorial." Since my schedule on this fine Sunday before Valentimes is open, at least until the WWE pay-per-view Elimination Chamber starts, I thought I would take up this task -- especially since Niero said it could be as "gonzo" as I wanted. I will hold him to this promise. Normally, I would make a preemptive apology to my editors, but they've been working for Destructoid a lot longer than I have; cashing checks that somebody else on this website already wrote is a rite of passage.

So! Here are five video games (or whatever) that might help you either loosen up or redirect that venom towards something else. Also, I don't want to hear word one from any of you about "game journalism lol" because I do plenty of actual games reporting on this website. Let me have this.

Five video games or whatever to play on Valentine's Day that might help you stop being so bitter about Valentine's Day for like five minutes screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2lBM3M4