Monday, January 30, 2017

News:: Review: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle

If there’s one big franchise that I’ve had a weird relationship with, it’s the Power Rangers series. I abandoned ship after Power Rangers in Space’s finale since it ended the Mighty Morphin universe on a solid note. Right when I thought I was free from its grasp, I decided to check out the premiere of Power Rangers Samurai. Let’s just say that it wasn’t a heartwarming reunion.

While this resulted in my love and hate relationship with the series, it was one of the factors that lead to me getting into Super Sentai, the franchise that Power Rangers got most of its action footage from. From there, it took me on my quest to become a fan of tokusatsu (live-action special effects shows), and I learned to appreciate Power Rangers in a whole new way.

Aside from making me a fan of the source material, the Power Rangers series was one of the things that made me love giant robots and characters that fight evil with special suits. With the original title getting a beat ‘em up game where we play as the main heroes and their Megazord, it sounded like a nice excuse to go down memory lane and relive the first title’s best moments. Unfortunately, this title is far from Morphenomenal.

Review: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2jKMAck