Monday, January 30, 2017

News:: Four hours with 'Horizon Zero Dawn'

Personally, I don't put much stock in video game previews. Pre-release gameplay events for major, AAA titles are generally controlled and precise experiences, with scenes hand-picked by developers to show only the best, most complete parts of a game. They're representative of the studio's goals, but not necessarily the final product.

However, most preview events aren't four hours long. For Horizon Zero Dawn, Guerilla Games and Sony opened up the robot-dinosaur-infested world and set me loose for nearly four hours. I played straight through the very beginning, skipped a section that apparently includes some spoilery story points, and then ran around the game's massive world completing sidequests and following the main narrative. It was a sizable chunk of the game that actually felt representative of a complete experience.

I can't say, definitively, whether Horizon is a good game just yet. But, after playing it for a few hours, I can say one thing wholeheartedly: I'm more excited than ever to play Horizon when it comes out on February 28th.



via Engadget RSS Feedhttp://ift.tt/2jmUo5C