Saturday, January 7, 2017

News:: 2016 was a master class in game design

Game mechanics have always come first for me. I love looking at how a game works at a base level and tinkering with what is there. I'm very curious as to what the limitations are, always looking for a way to "cheat" mechanics or use them to my utmost advantage. It's because of this mentality that I've broken my fair share of PAX demos (sorry everyone!). 

There were at least four games this year that I would have personally awarded a 10/10 rating if I had reviewed them, just based on mechanics alone! In fact, I did review two of them! This is pretty much my personal GOTY list for 2016, though there are some games that would normally be on here if I were talking about more than just mechanics.

So here's five games that are designed better than just about anything else that came out this year.

2016 was a master class in game design screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2jfpNm3