Tuesday, February 18, 2014

News::Strider Returns: Composer Michael John Mollo On Scoring Capcoms Legendary Ninja.

Sumthing writes: When I heard Capcom and the development team at Double Helix were in the midst of creating a new Strider title I could BARELY sleep, and I made sure to tell you about it. One of my main curiosities lay within the new games musical foundation. How would Strider Hiryu sound in 2014? This thought stewed in my brain for months. When I finally heard the snippets of material recorded by Striders brilliant composer Michael John Mollo, I immediately felt the absolute NEED to reach out to him. Mollos visionary mixture of emaciated mountaintops, steely chrome and Strider Hiryus dizzying kaleidoscopic sprint make for one of the most radiant and exciting scores of this year. It is also my first nomination for video game album of 2014. My conversation with Michael here took place on a very cold and grey January evening. A cold so chilling, I suspect Strider Hiryu would approve. I took it as a sign of fate.



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1japdAI