Tuesday, May 15, 2018

News:: Review: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

Nine years ago, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey was my first experience with anything SMT related. I was hesitant at first, not being a fan of first-person dungeon crawlers at the time. I didn't know what to expect when I picked up my copy at GameStop and booted it up on my Nintendo DSi XL. While it would be many more years before the genre would click for me, I came away from the game with a great appreciation for the world Atlus has constructed and its devil-may-care attitude about appropriating various religious deities.

It was the opposite of the happy-go-lucky games I normally play, and even today, Strange Journey remains an oddity in my DS game collection. Strange Journey Redux isn't as much of an outsider on my 3DS having bought every other Shin Megami Tensei game to hit the handheld, but it is still one deep, dark, and devilish ride.

Review: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey-redux-503035.phtml