Wednesday, May 2, 2018

News:: The 300 Week 17: 2018 Tribeca Film Festival Critic's Notebook (Part 2)

All right now, boppers, welcome back to The 300, a recurring feature on my goofball quest to watch 300 movies in theaters in the year 2018. I’ll be watching new releases, classics, hidden gems, and festival films to experience the wide world of cinema in all its forms. Casting such a wide net, I hope there’s something that you can also enjoy and share.

As always, there are three rules for The 300:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ definition of a feature film.
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue.
  • While I can watch movies I’ve seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times.

The 2018 Tribeca Film Festival ended over the weekend. I was able to catch 26 films that screened at the festival, one festival film that opened in theaters during closing weekend, as well as the feature-length debut episode of a Showtime documentary series. While the show doesn’t count for the final tally, I did get almost a month ahead of schedule in just a week and a half.

I also watched Avengers: Infinity War, like every other dutiful nerd on this planet.

Be sure to check out Jesse Lab’s reviews from the Tribeca Film Festival:

The 300 will slow down and get back to normal for the rest of the month. I’m just hoping MoviePass remains solvent long enough for me to get to 200. If MoviePass as we know it dies and I have 100 movies to go, I’ll have to get creative to close this out.

And so, onward.

The 300 Week 17: 2018 Tribeca Film Festival Critic's Notebook (Part 2) screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/the-300-week-17-2018-tribeca-film-festival-critic-s-notebook-part-2--501251.phtml