Friday, April 13, 2018

News:: When is it time to stop gaming: A look at the struggles of being an older gamer

[Every now and again a blog comes around that hits so close to home for me that if feels like I could have written it verbatim had I been given the prompt. This is one of them. NakedBigBoss talks about how gaming and his perception of it has changed throughout the years - and not always for the better. But like any good story, there's still light at the end of the tunnel for aging gamers like us. Give this a read, and chip in below to tell us if he strikes any similar chords for you! - Wes]

I was at home playing video games due to storm number one hundred hitting the northeast of the United States and my job closing for the day. As I was sitting comfortably on the couch, playing Jak and Daxter on my PS4 because nostalgia is a quite powerful drug, I was suddenly deeply saddened that I never have this kind of time to game. Looking at my various systems, and the collection of played and unplayed titles that accompany them, I had a moment where I seriously asked myself: "Is it time to hang up the controllers and say goodbye?" Pondering this, I began to question how I got to this point in my gaming life...

When is it time to stop gaming: A look at the struggles of being an older gamer screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/when-is-it-time-to-stop-gaming-a-look-at-the-struggles-of-being-an-older-gamer-495395.phtml