Wednesday, April 11, 2018

News:: Monster Crown mixes Pokemon with Monster Rancher to bring you monsteriffic bliss

I've never been the world's biggest fan of Pokémon, but I've always had a fondness for the adorable and sometimes weird Pocket Monsters that have graced our lives for some twenty years now. But back in the PS1 days, I was absolutely fascinated by the Monster Rancher series. It baffled my then ten-year-old mind (and even now at 31, it's pretty freakin' cool) that you could generate new and quirky monsters by just putting a random CD into your PlayStation and letting the magic of computers take the wheel. The fact that you could breed them was icing on the monster cake.

Well, now a game aims to combine elements of the two franchises to bring us back to the days of breeding and collecting monsters. Newly launched on Kickstarter, Monster Crown looks right up my alley to scratch that itch I first felt twenty years ago.

Monster Crown mixes Pokemon with Monster Rancher to bring you monsteriffic bliss screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/monster-crown-mixes-pokemon-with-monster-rancher-to-bring-you-monsteriffic-bliss-498220.phtml