Wednesday, April 4, 2018

News:: The 300 Week 13: Nostalgia? More Like Meh-stolgia, Amiright?

Greetings, earthlings, welcome back to The 300, a recurring feature on my absurd attempt to watch 300 movies in theaters in the year 2018. I’ll be watching blockbusters, oldies, hidden gems, and festival films to experience the wide world of cinema in all its forms. Hopefully there’s something here for you.

As always, there are three rules for The 300:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ definition of a feature film.
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue.
  • While I can watch movies I’ve seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times.

Another week down, and I'm slightly closer to hitting triple digits. Hoping to get there before the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival, which runs from Wednesday, April 18 through Sunday, April 29. Jesse Lab and I will be covering the festival once it gets underway, and I should be able to catch a lot of movies (if I don't burn out, 34) during that time.

For the next few weeks, just a reasonable stream of films, with the same mix of old and new. This includes the full filmographies of Lynne Ramsay and Lucrecia Martel in consecutive weeks, a four-hour Chinese arthouse epic, and movie in which John Cena butt chugs beer. Art, people. Art.

And so, onward.

The 300 Week 13: Nostalgia? More Like Meh-stolgia, Amiright? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/the-300-week-13-nostalgia-more-like-meh-stolgia-amiright--497292.phtml