Thursday, March 15, 2018

News:: Review: Jessica Jones (Season 2)

Fun fact: I watched all of the first season of Jessica Jones in a day. At the time, I was living in England and was so incredibly bored that I order some British pizza (it's just as disappointing as it sounds), camped out on a couch, and watched the entire season from 9 in the morning until midnight. I couldn't help myself. At first I watched it because I was just that bored, but after a few episodes I was hooked and the show wouldn't let me go. It had a compelling lead, a fantastic villain, and the drama was off the charts. 

I knew that a second season was always going to happen with Jessica Jones, but the question then became where does the show go? The first season went into some deeply personal and uncomfortable territory for Jessica Jones, mostly due to her sociopathic ex-boyfriend Kilgrave, and with him out of the picture for the second season, it would take a lot to top their brilliant dynamic. And by gosh they sure did try. 

Review: Jessica Jones (Season 2) screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-jessica-jones-season-2--494488.phtml