Wednesday, February 21, 2018

News:: Review: Retro-Bit NES Power Stick

When I first opened the Power Stick by Retro-Bit, nostalgic memories came flooding back. Images from my childhood of playing games in front of the glow of the television screen in the middle of the night cuddled up under a blanket, and tossing my NES Advantage joystick across the room because I thought it was complete and utter rubbish and I completely hated it back then. Why the heck would I want to use a clunky joystick instead of a nice, comfortable controller? I liked the arcade, but had no desire to bring the experience home necessarily. 

That said, I wasn’t all too confident in my own ability to enjoy the Power Stick by Retro-Bit for what it was; a rough approximation of an old device fondly remembered by some nostalgic fans. I still have some gripes about the controller after spending a good amount of time with it but now feel there is a good reason to have an arcade stick for NES in my library, and this is due mainly to the overall customizability of the stick -- what it is capable of doing rather than what it was actually designed to do as an out-of-the-box product.

Review: Retro-Bit NES Power Stick screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-retro-bit-nes-power-stick-487590.phtml